Tile & Carpet Centre approached us for their website development in 2017. In fact, they wanted to upgrade their old website which was outdated and was not really bringing in client enquiries via their email or showrooms in Harare and across Zimbabwe. Their website design brief was simple and straightforward, they requested that speMEDIA did the following:
- Clean look website
- Use of whitespace on the website
- Website built on a Content Management System (CMS)
- Products to be categorised
- Product gallery
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Mobile-friendly website
The client gave us 3 months to work on designing their website from start to finish as a timescale.
The website development we delivered: The Results
We assembled the right team to work on the website design for Tile & Carpet Centre, this was easy as the client as well organised. Their Marketing director provided us with all the required graphics for the website design as well as the content so from our end it was just a matter of teaming up the Brand Designer and Head of SEO to work on the website development project.
We decided that we were going to design the website on WordPress for easier content management from both our end and for the client and we did the following:
- Used WordPress as a Content Management System (CMS).
- Used a white background for the website.
- Embedded the Tile & Carpet Centre Facebook page plugin on the footer of the website.
- Categorised the products into 6 product categories: Tiles, Carpets, Laminates, Natural Stone, Sanitary ware, and Accessories.
- Incorporated all their Zimbabwean branches on the homepage slider to the left with the contact phone numbers.
- Integrated an e-mail newsletter subscription widget on the footer of the website to enable the client to build a database of e-mails collected by the widget. The client has an option to use the user opt-in e-mail database for their marketing purposes such as sending offers and sales promotions at no cost at all!
- Optimised the website for Google search engine so that the website shows up in Google on the first page when prospective clients search for Tile & Carpet Centre products and services.
- Used a product Lookbook for the product gallery.
- We made the website mobile friendly meaning that it can be viewed nicely on mobile devices such as smartphones, mobile tablets, etc without affecting the website look, infrastructure, and architecture.
- all images used on the website were optimised for Google search engine allowing the website to even rank in the Google Image Search.
- Minimal use of images to increase website load speed.
The Tile & Carpet Centre website has a very clean, elegant, and modern look with no clutter. All website elements are in place increasing the user experience of the website visitor or potential client browsing the website. There was minimal use of WordPress Plugins enabling the website to load faster on both mobile devices and desktop computers, the website is very lightweight.
Website development client satisfaction
The client was very satisfied and happy with the website development that we had done for them that they went on to award us further 2 projects for their other businesses CAAPS and Tile Wholesalers. For CAAPS they wanted a website redesign and for Tile Wholesalers they wanted a new website designed from scratch! It’s been a pleasure working with the Tile & Carpet Centre team and we also highly recommend their products and services.
We can help you with getting a website developed or designed in Zimbabwe.
Why not give us a call on +263 776 260 360 or email us to discuss your website design project whether you are in Harare or anywhere in Zimbabwe. Get a free no-obligation estimate or contact us to discuss your exact requirements.